The intellect's epistle


 Theme : An Ode to my mentality 

Title : The mind's epistle 

I send my regards, for it's been a while. 

Each step, has led to a distant mile.

 On occasions, it's easy to ignore your existence.

In reality, because of you I have a stance.

 

Coming, I stop to pay respect, 

All I've done, thanks to the intellect. 

Inside me you reside, side by side, 

Each decision, along with each stride. 


Whether to go left or right, 

To be sensible or simply follow the heart. 

All is laced within your reach, 

The silent morals in which you teach. 


Yet, it's ever so easy to overlook the mind 

Like I scatter, to those incentives I find. 

Swatting away, bias and nepotism, 

Even though, there be weariness and sceptism. 

Through the hay and distant way

This I can tell, never will I say I fell. 


For all through the journey,

You were my greatest ally.

***************************************

 

Comments

Popular Posts