Brief romance scene


 The cold breeze brushed against my skin, making me shudder. Taking a seat on the front porch, I closed my eyes leaning into a chair. A soft smile crept on to my lips, as the stars twinkled brightly.

   It has become a routine for me to have the impulsive urge in the middle of the night. A yearning to watch the dark sky and listen to the sound of silence. No hassles, no honking or bustling nor yelling. The dead of the night is indeed the best time after all. My grin grew wider with the bright full moon that illuminated the world. Glistening ever so brightly, in its place sky high.

“Hey” A voice called out beside me, making me shriek.

“Are you nuts? What was that for?” I placed my hand on my chest panting,trying to catch my breath.

“You fret way too much for your good. I thought you'll be here again at 12 midnight. I am surprised you didn't hear me closing the front door to my apartment or walk up to meet you. It isn't so surprising though, you're always so obsessed with the the dark sky.” He reached out to pat my head as though I was a little child. In response, I swatted away his arm, narrowing my eyes. 

“Kindly keep your hands to yourself.” 

“Why do you treat me like this?” His voice was laced with hurt but I feigned ignorance. 

“How else should I treat you?”Titling my head, my brows arched. 

“With respect.” 

“I am sorry I am not being as respectful as you want. But can you blame me? I specifically instructed you to stay away from me but you seem to be a pest I can't quite get rid of.” 

“You can't always get what you want.” 

“How about what I need?” 

“We both know that's not what you need.” 

“Why bother waste our time?” 

“Why bother hide our feelings?” 

“BECAUSE IT'S NEVER GOING TO WORK OUT!” Yelling at the top of my voice, the words flew right out of my mouth. There was no bother, for everyone else was asleep. 

“Just because you say so?” 

“No, because we are completely different. We have different principles. I don't care if you accept it or not but I am the regular cliché female in any movie. Blonde hair, blue eyes, a higher class, respectable in the society, a recognized member of the elite. While you are the complete opposite of me.” 

“That's didn't stop you from having feelings for me.” 

“Yes, but that's going to stop me from acting on my feelings.” 

“Look here.” His arms were stretched out towards me. Placing mine in his, he pulled me up to gaze at the sky.

“The sky?” I asked perplexed. 

“The the moon and the stars. They are completely different, but not as much as we think. Their job is to glow and provide night light. The stars are so small and countless yet they twinkle regardless. It's easier for the moon to shine in its natural element. Still, it's the prettiest things you've ever seen and wouldn't want to tear them apart. So, why bother trying?” 

Wrapping my arms around his neck, he pulled me in for a brief kiss. Just as beautiful as the light reflecting on out faces. 


Comments

Popular Posts